Erling Haaland's "Ridiculous" Training Video - Real Or Fake?
Erling Haaland is one of the best talents going around in football today.
The 21-year-old Norwegian striker is a goal-scoring animal and has risen as one of the most talented forwards.
Playing for Borussia Dortmund, Haaland has set the standard, scoring when he wants and keeping close to Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski for the top goals scored in the Bundesliga.
While no one can question Haaland’s talent, a video of his trick shot has gone viral on social media flaming up a large debate whether it is real or fake!
The video, posted by Bundesliga’s official Twitter gathered over 8,000 retweets and over 57k likes but many were left shocked over its authenticity. This just goes to show how talented this young man really is!
Haaland’s team, Borussia Dortmund, shared the video on their Twitter, captioning it, “This is real, trust us”.
“Tbf the stacking of the footballs is the most impressive part,” the account added.
While some users were left in shock of Haaland’s talents, Many chinese whispers called the video fake.
“Nah it’s fake”, “Target Broke off right side”, “Second ball it’s broke on the left side”, “Nice try tho haha,” wrote one user.
Haaland’s first attracted global attention sparked while he was playing for RB Salzburg before making a move to Dortmund and running riots in the Bundesliga.
The Norwegian forward is the quickest to score Champions League for a club and already nicely placed over 100 senior goals.
He’s surely set to spark a transfer war with his contract at Dortmund expiring in 2024. But a release clause in his contract becomes active next year, meaning he could leave for 75 million euros (USD 88 million).
With a market value of £135.00m, Erling Haaland is ranked number 1 among all players at Dortmund.This is astonishing at his young age of 21 and proves he certainly is set to have a bright future.
5 facts about Haaland:
1. Haaland still holds the world record for the longest standing jump for five-year-olds. His 1.63m record, recorded on 22 January 2006, still stands today!
2. Haaland made his senior football debut at the age of 15 when he came off the bench for Bryne FK against Ranheim IL in Norway’s second-tier league. He impressed then-Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer enough to earn a move to the Premier League.
3. Haaland has a lot of body to shift at six feet four. Despite this, Haaland ran so fast during the match against PSG that he would have qualified for the 60m at the 2018 World Athletics Championships.
4. Erling was born in the English city of Leeds. Alf-Inge Haaland, his father and agent, was a professional footballer who played as a defender and midfielder for Leeds United and Manchester City. Alf-Inge has made 259 professional appearances, scoring 37 goals and representing Norway on 34 occasions. Erling followed in his father’s footsteps and became a Norwegian International at a young age.
5. Haaland scored nine goals in his team’s 12-0 win over Honduras, breaking the record for most goals scored in a single Under-20 World Cup game. This was also Norway’s biggest victory in football history. It would not be an exaggeration to say that the Norwegian has maintained his goal-scoring form since then, scoring on nearly every occasion, whether for club or country.